How to make Pasta Negresco in a very easy way
Pasta Negresco is a classic Brazilian pasta dish that is named after the famous Hotel Negresco in Nice, France. It is a creamy pasta dish that is usually made with chicken, mushrooms, cream, and a variety of herbs and spices.When cooking too much-steps dishes, just you need to arrange your steps to save time. In only 3 steps you will get very delicious pasta Negresco.
|Easy Pasta Negresco in 3 steps.|
To make Pasta Negresco, start by cooking your favorite type of pasta according to the package instructions. While the pasta is cooking, heat up a skillet with some olive oil over medium heat. To cook the chicken breast and save time.
- 500g chicken breast ( cut into small pieces).
- dried thyme.
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- 500g penne pasta.
- one chopped onion.
- one chopped green pepper or colored pepper.
- Béchamel sauce( 4 tbsp of flour + 3 tbsp of olive oil +1 tbsp of butter + 1 liter of milk).
- salt and black pepper.
Step one: Cooking the chicken breast
- In a pan on medium heat add one tbsp of olive oil, add the chopped onion, the chicken breast, and the green pepper.
- Stir everything together until the color of the chicken breast changes.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon paprika and 1 teaspoon dried thyme.
- Add 1 tbsp of tomato paste, stir everything together, then lower the heat and cover your pan for about 10 minutes.
Step two: boil the pasta
- In a pot pour 2 liters of water and add to them 1 tbsp of salt, when it boils add 500g of penne pasta.
- let it on medium heat until the pasta is cooked about only 75%, as it will complete its cooking in the oven.
Step three: make the Béchamel sauce
- In a pot pour 3 tbsp of olive oil, then add 4 tbsp of flour and 1 tbsp of butter.
- stir them very well until you see that the flour and the oil become like a smooth dough, so if your flour needs more oil you can add more as it differs according to the type of flour.
- Start to add the milk step by step, pour about 1/4 cup of milk and stir until it disappears, then add another 1/4 cup and stir until it disappears and so until you finish the amount of milk.
- It is very important in this step to not stop stirring all the time until you have very smooth bechamel.
- Now it is time to collect everything together, mix the chicken with the pasta and add a ladle of bechamel to it.
- Pour your chicken pasta mix into an oven tray which is covered its bottom with a ladle of bechamel.
- pour the rest of the bechamel on the top and spread some shredded mozzarella cheese or parmesan cheese.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 200c for 20 minutes or until its top has a golden color.