Here is how to make orange cake with icing
Orange cake is a type of cake that incorporates orange flavor, either through the use of fresh or canned orange zest, orange juice, or orange extract. It can be made in a variety of forms such as loaf, layer, or Bundt cake, and is often paired with frosting or glaze made with orange juice or zest.
We are in the winter days and we have an abundance of oranges in the supermarkets, so it is time for the Orange Cake. Sometimes you have some friends or family gathering and don't know what to serve them, or you like to take a cup of tea with a piece of cake on these cold days. Here we help you have a deliciously moist cake in a few minutes.
preparing time 15 minutes.
cooking time 40 minutes.
servings 10 -12 persons.
- 4 eggs.
- one cup of sugar.
- one teaspoon of vanilla.
- one cup of orange juice.
- one full spoon orange zest.
- 3/4 cup oil.
- 21/4 cup all-purpose flour.
- full tbsp of baking powder.
- 1/2 cup icing sugar.
- 1 teaspoon of orange juice.
- orange zest ( I take two full spoons of orange zest and add to them 1/2 cup of water + 2 spoons of oranges juice with one teaspoon of sugar and boil them on medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until you find the zest becomes soft).
- Heat your oven until you finish preparing the cake.
- Mix the 4 eggs with the cup of sugar, the cup of orange juice, and the 3/4 cup of oil with the teaspoon of liquid vanilla and the spoon of orange zest in the electric mixer.
- Mix them for about 7 minutes or until you have a white smooth mixture.
- In a bowl sieve the two cups of flour with a full spoon of baking powder.
- Add the liquid mixture to the flour and mix them carefully just until all the flour disappears and is mixed with the liquid mixture.
- Pour the cake mixture into a cake tray covered with oil and flour from the inside, as in the picture, to help you remove the cake easily from the tray after baking.
- Bake the cake for 30 minutes on high heat then lower your oven for another 10 minutes.
- Check your cake with a wood stick or with a toothpick.
- Let your cake cool for 30 minutes before removing it from the cake tray.
- serve your cake and decorate it with orange glaze ( optional ).
Pieces of Advice
- Always remember to heat your oven before preparing your cake, it is very important.
- During baking the cake, don't open your oven for at least 30 minutes and when you open it, open it slowly and close it slowly.
- The time of baking may differ according to the kind of oven.
- Decorating your cake with the glaze is optional, you can serve it without the glaze.
- Orange zest has to be only the orange surface, don't get deeper for the white skin.
Why my orange cake tastes bitter?
There could be a few reasons why your orange cake is turning out bitter:
- Using the white part of the orange skin while peeling the orange zest.
- Overzealous use of orange zest: Too much orange zest can give the cake a bitter taste. It's best to use the zest of one or two oranges for a standard-sized cake.
- Using old or stale ingredients: Old baking powder or baking soda can cause your cake to taste bitter, as can stale or old oranges.
- Not balancing the flavors: If you're using a large amount of orange zest or juice, it's important to balance it with sugar or other flavors to keep the cake from becoming too bitter.
- Baking at a high temperature: Baking at a temperature that's too high can cause the cake to become overbaked, which can result in a bitter taste.
Orange cakes are perfect for any occasion, whether it's a birthday, anniversary, or just an afternoon tea with friends. They can also be enjoyed as a dessert or a breakfast treat. If you're looking for a new recipe to try, consider making an orange cake for your next special occasion.
In conclusion, an orange cake is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is perfect for any occasion. This cake is light, fluffy, and bursting with citrusy flavor, making it a great option for those who love sweets with a tangy twist.
With just a few simple ingredients and some basic kitchen tools, you can whip up this scrumptious cake in no time. Whether you're hosting a party, enjoying a cozy night in, or looking for a sweet treat to brighten up your day, an orange cake is a fantastic choice. So why not give it a try and enjoy the sweet and tangy goodness of this delightful dessert?