Shakshuka is one of the arabic breakfast listShakshuka is a popular Middle Eastern and North African dish that typically consists of eggs poached in a spiced tomato sauce. The tomato sauce is often flavored with ingredients such as onion, garlic, bell peppers, and spices like cumin and paprika. Shakshuka can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch, or dinner and is usually served with bread or pita to mop up the delicious sauce.
To make shakshuka, start by heating olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and cook until softened, then add chopped bell peppers and cook until they are slightly softened. Add canned diced tomatoes, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Cook the tomato sauce until it has thickened slightly, then create wells in the sauce and crack eggs into the wells.Garnish with some chopped fresh coriander.
Foul medames and fried eggs from the middle eastern cuisine
Arabic breakfast is a type of breakfast traditional to the Arab world and typically consists of a variety of dishes that are both sweet and savory. Some common elements of an Arabic breakfast include:
- Flatbreads such as pita or Arabic bread.
- Hummus, a dip made from chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, and garlic.
- Foul, a dish made from fava beans.
- Labneh, a strained yogurt often served with olive oil and spices.
- Olives and pickled vegetables.
- Sweet pastries like baklava or ballet (a sweet vermicelli pudding).
- Tea or coffee.
This is just a general list, and the specific components of an Arabic breakfast can vary depending on the country and region. In some places, breakfast may also include eggs, cheese, and meat dishes like shakshuka or sausages.
- Put your eggs in a pot and cover them with water.
- Let it boil for a maximum of 10 to 15 minutes, to get a nice yellow color for the yolk.
- wash your eggs with cold water, peel them, and cut them into halves.
- In a pan on medium heat add one spoon of oil with one spoon of butter
- Start to arrange the eggs halves on one side until it takes a golden color, then fold them on the other side to be sure it takes the same color from both sides
- Serve it on a plate, then add your salt, black pepper, and paprika.
- Add some butter from the pan on top.
- On a plate put your amount of well-cooked fava beans (or you can use the plain ready fava beans cans).
- If you used canned beans, you need to wash them first to get rid of any chemicals, put them in a pan with 1/4 cup of water, and let it on medium heat until the water is boiling.
- Don't add too much water to get the right thickness.
- With a fork or you can use a glass cup mash the bean until you have a very smooth paste.
- Add a pinch of salt, black pepper, and cumin.
- add a half lemon and stir everything together.
- Finish your dish by adding extra Virgin olive oil on the top.
- Garnish your plate with small pieces of tomato and onions and fresh parsley.
- You can replace the olive oil with any other oil you like, sometimes they use flaxseed oil.