Stew beef recipe
The origins of stew meat with cumin rice are difficult to trace, as variations of the dish can be found in many different cuisines, including Middle Eastern, Indian, and North African. However, the basic elements of slow-cooked meat and flavorful rice are common to many cultures and have been enjoyed for centuries.
|Classic stew beef with cumin rice.|
Today, stew meat with cumin rice is a popular comfort food that is enjoyed by people all over the world. It is often served as a main course for family dinners or special occasions, and it can be customized with a wide range of ingredients and spices to suit different tastes and preferences.
- 1 kilo beef(cut into small cubes).
- 2 carrots.
- 2 potatoes.
- 1 onion.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- 1 tbsp of flour. (to cover the beef).
- 1 tbsp of butter.
- black pepper.
- dried thyme.
- beef stock.
- Cover the beef cubes with the flour, in an oven pot on medium heat melt the tbsp of butter.
- Stir the cubes of beef in the melted butter for 3 minutes, until it takes a brown color.
- Chop the carrots and onion into small cubes, and mash the garlic.
- In a pan, add olive oil, then add the carrots and onions with the garlic, stir them until they get soft, and add one tbsp of tomato paste.
- Add the carrots with the onion, garlic, and tomato paste to the beef meat.
- Stir together, seasoning it with salt, black pepper, and thyme.
- Add the beef stock, until it completely covers all the ingredients in the pot., 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Add the potato cubes, and cover the pot.
- Put the oven pot in a preheated oven at 200C for about 2 hours.
- You can serve it with rice, I served it here with cumin rice.
classic stew beef.
What cut of meat is best for stewing
Cumin rice recipe
- 2 cups of basmati rice or any kind of long-grain rice(washed very well).
- 2 tbsp of cumin seeds.
- 1 tbsp of butter or olive oil.
- beef or chicken stock.
- In a pot on medium heat, add the tbsp of butter.
- Add the cumin seeds, and let them fry in the melted butter for 2 minutes.
- Add the washed rice, and stir everything together for a few minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of salt, and add the beef stock until it covers the rice.
- let the rice boil for a few minutes.
- Cover the rice and put it on low heat for about 15-20 minutes.
Benefits of adding cumin to the food
Cumin is a spice that is widely used in many different cuisines, and it offers a range of potential health benefits when added to food. Here are some of the potential benefits of adding cumin to your diet:
May improve digestion: Cumin has been shown to help stimulate the production of digestive enzymes, which can help improve digestion and reduce symptoms of digestive issues such as bloating, gas, and constipation.
May have anti-inflammatory properties: Cumin contains compounds that have been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects, which may help reduce inflammation in the body and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
May improve blood sugar control: Some studies suggest that cumin may help improve blood sugar control in people with diabetes, by increasing insulin sensitivity and reducing inflammation.
May have antioxidant properties: Cumin contains antioxidants that can help protect the body against damage caused by free radicals, which are associated with a range of chronic diseases, including cancer and heart disease.
May boost the immune system: Cumin contains nutrients that can help boost the immune system and support overall health and wellbeing.
Overall, adding cumin to your food is a great way to add flavor and potential health benefits to your diet. It can be used in a variety of dishes, from rice and stews to curries and roasted vegetables, and it can also be used as a seasoning for meats and fish.
In conclusion, basmati cumin rice is a simple and flavorful side dish that is easy to make and goes well with a variety of main courses. Whether you're cooking for a family dinner or a potluck, this dish is sure to impress.