pasta with minced meat baked in the oven
We'll explore a delicious and easy-to-make dish that's perfect for family dinners, potlucks, or just a cozy night in. Made with pasta, minced meat, tomato sauce, this dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
|oven-baked pasta with minced meat.|
- 450g penne pasta.
- 500g minced meat.
- one medium chopped onion.
- one chopped carrot.
- 2 cups fresh tomato juice.
- 2 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- 4 cloves of garlic, mashed in mortar.
- 1 teaspoon of each of theses Spices ( black pepper-paprika-cumin-ground coriander-garlic powder).
- To prepare the dish, start by cooking the minced meat with chopped onion and carrots. Add salt, black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the meat and continue cooking until browned.
- In a separate pot, boil penne pasta on medium heat for only 10 minutes. In another pot, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and add garlic paste until fragrant. Add tomato juice and tomato paste, and season the sauce with black pepper, paprika, cumin, ground coriander, garlic powder, and salt. Let it cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Next, assemble the dish in an oven-safe pot. Start by layering the cooked minced meat on the bottom, followed by 20% cooked penne pasta, and then pour the cooked tomato sauce on top to cover the pasta ( the tomato sauce hasn't to exceed the top of the pasta as shown in the picture ). Cover the pot with foil and bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove the foil and let the dish cook for an additional 5 minutes to allow the top to brown. And there you have it – a delicious oven-baked pasta with minced meat that's sure to be a hit with everyone at the dinner table!
Is pasta good for you?
Pasta can be part of a healthy and balanced diet, as it provides carbohydrates, fiber, and some essential nutrients such as iron and B vitamins. However, the healthiness of pasta depends on several factors, such as the type of pasta, serving size, and preparation method.
Whole grain pasta, which is made from whole wheat flour, is a healthier option compared to refined pasta, as it contains more fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Additionally, choosing a reasonable serving size of pasta and pairing it with a variety of nutrient-dense ingredients such as vegetables, lean proteins, and healthy fats can make it a healthy meal.
However, consuming large portions of pasta, especially when it's served with high-fat sauces, such as Alfredo or carbonara, can lead to weight gain and other health problems. Moreover, individuals with certain health conditions, such as diabetes, may need to limit their pasta intake due to its high carbohydrate content.
Overall, consuming pasta as part of a balanced diet and in moderation can be healthy. However, it's essential to choose the right type of pasta, control the portion size, and avoid high-fat and high-calorie sauces.
In conclusion, penne pasta baked in the oven is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that's perfect for any occasion. By following the recipe and choosing the right ingredients, you can create a healthy and balanced meal that's rich in flavor and nutrients.
With its savory blend of minced meat, penne pasta, and tomato sauce, this dish is sure to satisfy your taste buds while providing you with the energy and nutrition you need. So why not give this recipe a try and enjoy a hearty and flavorful meal with your loved ones today!