This is how to make Vegetables with Vermicelli soup
Vegetable soup with vermicelli is a comforting and nourishing dish that's perfect for any time of the year. This soup is loaded with nutritious vegetables, tender vermicelli noodles, and savory broth, making it a filling and healthy meal option. The addition of vermicelli noodles adds a nice texture and makes the soup more satisfying.
|Vegetables Vermicelli soup recipe.|
This soup is also very versatile, as you can easily customize it by adding your favorite vegetables, herbs, or spices. Whether you're looking for a light and healthy lunch or a comforting dinner, vegetable soup with vermicelli is a great option that's both delicious and satisfying.
- One medium diced onion.
- Two potatoes cut into cubes.
- Two cups of cauliflower.
- Two cups of mixed vegetables ( peas, carrots, corn , green beans). You can add any vegetables you prefer as zucchini or broccoli...etc.
- 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- 1/2 tbsp of butter.
- One cup of vermicelli.
- salt, black pepper, cumin.
- 3 cups of beef stock.
|Vegetables Vermicelli soup.|
- In a pot , heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add first the potato and stir it until it takes a slight color.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, about 5 minutes more.
- Add the beef stock, salt, cumin and pepper. Bring to a simmer and let cook for 10-15 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- In a pan on medium heat add the butter and fry the vermicelli until it takes a brown color , then add it to the vegetables soup.
- Let the soup for about 10 minutes until the vermicelli softened, then serve your soup.
How do you liven up vegetable soup?
Vegetable soup is a healthy and nutritious dish, but sometimes it can be a bit bland. Here are some tips to liven up your vegetable soup: Add fresh herbs: Fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro, basil, or dill can add a burst of flavor to your vegetable soup. Simply chop up some herbs and stir them into the soup just before serving.
Add spices: Spices like cumin, paprika, chili powder, or turmeric can add depth and warmth to your soup. Try adding a pinch or two of your favorite spices and adjust to taste. Add acidity: A squeeze of lemon or lime juice, a splash of vinegar, or a dollop of yogurt can add tanginess and brightness to your soup. Try adding a small amount at a time and adjust to taste.
Add texture: Adding different textures can make your soup more interesting. Try adding some crunchy croutons, toasted nuts, or crispy bacon bits to the top of your soup just before serving.
Add protein: Adding some protein like cooked chicken, tofu, or beans can make your soup more filling and satisfying. Try adding some cooked protein to your soup and adjust the seasoning accordingly. By using these tips, you can easily liven up your vegetable soup and make it a delicious and satisfying meal.
Is vermicelli a type of noodles?
Yes, vermicelli is a type of noodle that originated in China and is now commonly used in various Asian cuisines, as well as in some Mediterranean and Middle Eastern dishes. Vermicelli noodles are thin and round, similar in shape to spaghetti but much thinner.
They are usually made from rice flour, although some varieties are made with wheat flour. Vermicelli noodles are versatile and can be used in soups, salads, stir-fries, and other dishes. They are also a popular ingredient in desserts, such as the Indian dessert "seviyan" or the Vietnamese dessert "che ba mau". Vermicelli noodles are low in fat and calories, making them a healthy choice for those watching their weight.
What are the types of noodles?
There are many types of noodles available, with different shapes, sizes, and textures. Here are some common types of noodles.
- Ramen noodles: thin, curly noodles made with wheat flour and egg.
- Udon noodles: thick, chewy noodles made with wheat flour.Soba noodles: thin, buckwheat noodles that are often served cold.
- Rice noodles: thin, flat noodles made with rice flour, often used in Southeast Asian cuisine.
- Vermicelli noodles: thin, round noodles made with rice flour or wheat flour.
- Egg noodles: thin, flat noodles made with wheat flour and egg, often used in Chinese and European cuisines.
- Glass noodles: thin, transparent noodles made with mung bean starch or sweet potato starch.
- Somen noodles: thin, white noodles made with wheat flour and often served cold.
- Lo mein noodles: thick, chewy noodles made with wheat flour and egg, often used in Chinese cuisine.
- Chow mein noodles: thin, crispy noodles made with wheat flour and often used in stir-fries.
These are just a few examples of the many types of noodles available. The type of noodle used in a dish can greatly affect its texture and flavor.
In conclusion, vegetable vermicelli soup is a healthy, comforting, and delicious dish that's perfect for any time of the year. The recipe typically consists of a variety of nutritious vegetables, vermicelli noodles, and a savory broth or stock.
By following the recipe, you can easily customize the soup to your liking, adding your favorite vegetables and spices. Vegetable vermicelli soup is not only satisfying and filling but also a great way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet. Whether you're looking for a light and healthy lunch or a cozy dinner, this soup is a great option that's both nutritious and flavorful.