Creamy rice pudding recipe
|Delicious creamy Rice Pudding.|
- One cup of rice short grain, don't wash it as we need the starch in the rice or wash it only once.
- 1/4 cup of rice flour or grind some rice in the food processor or in the mill.
- 2 spoonfuls of cornstarch.
- 1 liter of water.
- 1.25 liter of milk, take 1/4 liter from it to dissolve the starch in it.
- One cup of heavy cream.
- One cup of sugar ( it is better to add a half cup at the beginning and then add the rest step by step with tasting to reach your suitable amount of sugar, so maybe you like it sweeter or you like it with less sweetness).
- One spoonful of rose water and a teaspoon of vanilla, always add them at the end as they may change the taste if they are cooked for much time, so add them just directly before switching off the stove.
- Cook the cup of rice with a liter of water until it becomes totally cooked and soft.
- Add the liter of milk and let it on medium heat until it starts to boil.
- Add the cup of sugar and stir very well then add the cup of heavy cream.
- stir everything together, then add 1/4 cup of rice flour or homemade rice powder.
- Now take the 1/4 liter of milk which is left and dissolve in it the 2 spoons of corn starch, then add them to the rice gradually, in this step you have to stir with one hand and add the starch with the other hand step by step with continuous stirring.
- Stir on medium heat until you find it starts to be thick and the rice appears on the top.
- Add the rose water and vanilla stir very well, then now switch off the stove.
- pour your pudding into the plates, and garnish with some nuts, cinnamon powder, or coconut grated, it is up to your desire.
- Sometimes I garnish the plate with some sugar and burnt them with the torch.
|creamy Rice Pudding.|
- Don't add the milk until the rice is totally cooked.
- Add the vanilla and rose water at the end.
- Adding 1/4 cup of rice flour helps in using less corn starch which has a strong taste if you use too much amount of it.
- The secret of succussing your recipe is that you have the rice appearing on the top and not falling down in the pot, so don't switch off your stove until you see the rice is coming up to the top and not falling down.
- To have a smoothing rice pudding keep stirring especially after adding the corn starch.
Why rice pudding is healthy?
Rice pudding can be a healthy dessert option when made with the right ingredients and in moderation. Here are some reasons why rice pudding can be considered a healthy choice:
Nutritious: Rice is a good source of complex carbohydrates, which provide energy to the body. It also contains essential vitamins and minerals like thiamin, niacin, and magnesium, which are important for overall health.
Low in fat: Rice pudding made with skim milk or low-fat milk is low in fat and calories, making it a great option for those watching their weight.
Low in cholesterol: Rice pudding made with skim milk or low-fat milk is also low in cholesterol, which is beneficial for heart health.
Source of protein: Rice pudding made with milk provides a good amount of protein, which is essential for muscle building and repair.
- However, it's important to note that rice pudding can also be high in sugar if made with excessive amounts of sweeteners. It's best to enjoy rice pudding in moderation as part of a balanced diet to reap its health benefits.
|Creamy Rice Pudding.|
Do you know the origin of the rice pudding?
Rice pudding has a long history, with origins dating back to ancient civilizations. It is believed that rice pudding was first made in China, where it was a popular dish among the upper class. From China, it spread to other parts of Asia, including India and Persia. The dish then made its way to Europe, where it was adopted and adapted by different cultures. For example, in the Middle Ages, it was a popular dish among the wealthy in England and France. Rice pudding also has a long history in Scandinavian cuisine. Rice pudding was a dish that could be made with simple ingredients and was easy to prepare, making it a popular dish for the less fortunate as well.
In conclusion, rice pudding is a classic dessert that has been enjoyed for centuries. It's a simple and satisfying treat that can be made with just a few basic ingredients. Whether you prefer your rice pudding warm or cold, with or without toppings, there's no denying that this dessert is a crowd-pleaser. So why not give this recipe a try and enjoy the sweet and creamy goodness of rice pudding for yourself? With a little bit of patience and some basic cooking skills, you'll be able to create a delicious dessert that's sure to impress.