Turkish Yogurt soup recipe
- 2 spoons of rice ( washed very well until you see transparent water comes out of it).
- one egg yolk.
- one spoon of flour.
- 170 grams of yogurt.
- 2 full spoons of Greek yogurt.
- one spoon of butter.
- dried mint.
- On medium heat put your rice in a pot and cover it with water.
- Let the rice cook for about 15 minutes or until it becomes soft.
- In a bowl whisk the egg yolk with the yogurt, Greek yogurt, and the spoonful of flour until they mix together.
- Take one ladle from the rice water and add it to the yogurt mixture and whisk, then take another ladle from the rice water and add it, then whisk to increase the heat of the yogurt mixture step by step.
- Or you can pour it from the rice pot gradually.
- The previous step is important to get smooth soup if you add the yogurt to the hot water of rice it couldn't give you.
- Now turn the yogurt mixture on the rice and let it boil together for 10 minutes.
- In a pan melt one spoon of butter, then add to it 2 full spoons of dried mint.
- Then add this mint with butter to the soup.
What are the benefits of yogurt soup?
Yogurt soup provides a variety of health benefits due to its ingredients: Yogurt: Yogurt is a fermented dairy product that contains probiotics, which are beneficial bacteria that help improve digestive health.
Herbs: The herbs used in yogurt soup, such as dill, mint, or parsley, are high in antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory properties that can help improve overall health. Low-Fat Content: Yogurt soup is typically made with low-fat yogurt, which makes it a healthier option for people who are trying to maintain a balanced diet.
Hydration: Yogurt soup is a liquid dish that can help hydrate the body, making it an ideal option for people who want to stay hydrated, especially in the summer months. In conclusion, yogurt soup is a nutritious dish that can provide many health benefits due to its ingredients, including improved digestion, improved overall health, and hydration.