Chicken Francaise recipeChicken Francaise is a very delicious dish and a new taste of chicken breast, the taste of the lemon gives the sauce a very nice citric taste. it is also easy and doesn't take too much time. It is an elegant dish to serve to your guests or you can serve it at a family gathering. You can serve it with pasta, or mashed potatoes it will be perfect.
preparation time :5 minutes.
cooking time:20 minutes.
- 800g of chicken breast ( about 5 pieces of the chicken breast).
- 3 large eggs.
- black pepper.
- parmesan cheese.
- 1/2 cup of flour.
For the sauce:
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 1/2 liter of chicken stock.
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- 1 lemon.
- First wash your chicken breast and dry them.
- Cut each one from the middle but don't reach to the end ( butterfly cut )
- Place the chicken breast on the cutting board, then pound it until it becomes somewhat thin. This method breaks down the chicken breast tissue and helps to cook it well.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs with a pinch of chopped parsley, shredded parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- On a plate add 1/2 cup of flour, cover each piece of the chicken breast with flour then dip them one by one in the egg parmesan mixture.
- Add one tbsp of oil olive and 1/2 tbsp of butter into a pan on medium heat.
- Start to fry your chicken one by one until it takes a golden color from both sides.
- Put the chicken breasts aside.
- In the same pan add a tbsp of butter, two mashed cloves of garlic, 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar, the juice of one lemon, and 1/2 liter of chicken stock.
- let it boil for 5 minutes, then add the chicken to complete its cooking in the sauce.
- keep it on medium heat until the sauce starts to be thick.
- add a punch of chopped parsley.
- serve your chicken on a plate and pour your sauce on top and garnish with some fresh chopped parsley and slices of lemon.
The difference between chicken francaise and chicken piccataChicken Francaise and Chicken Piccata are two popular Italian-American dishes that are often served in restaurants. Although both dishes feature chicken as the main ingredient, there are some differences between the two.
Chicken Francaise is a dish that is made by lightly coating chicken cutlets in a mixture of flour, eggs, and lemon juice. The chicken is then pan-fried until it is crispy and golden brown. The dish is typically served with a lemon-butter sauce, which is made by whisking together butter, lemon juice, and chicken stock. The sauce is poured over the chicken and served with a side of pasta or vegetables. Chicken Francaise is known for its light, delicate flavor, and is often considered to be a healthier option compared to other chicken dishes.
Chicken Piccata, on the other hand, is a dish that is made by sautéing chicken cutlets in a pan with butter or olive oil. The chicken is then simmered in a sauce made from lemon juice, chicken stock, and capers. The sauce is typically finished with a little bit of butter to add richness and depth to the dish. Chicken Piccata is known for its tangy, acidic flavor, and is often considered to be a more flavorful and hearty option compared to Chicken Francaise.
In conclusion, Chicken Francaise and Chicken Piccata are two popular Italian-American dishes that feature chicken as the main ingredient. The main difference between the two is that Chicken Francaise is lightly coated in flour and eggs and is served with a lemon-butter sauce, while Chicken Piccata is sautéed and simmered in a sauce made from lemon juice, chicken stock, and capers. Both dishes are delicious and can be served with a variety of sides, so it may come down to personal preference when deciding which one to try.
What to serve with chicken Francaise
Chicken Francaise is a classic French dish made with lightly battered and sautéed chicken cutlets, and a tangy lemon butter sauce. Here are some ideas for what to serve with it:
Rice: Chicken Francaise goes well with a side of rice. You could serve it with plain steamed white rice, or try something more flavorful like lemon rice or herbed rice.
Pasta: Another classic pairing with Chicken Francaise is pasta. You could serve it with linguine or fettuccine, and toss it with some of the lemon butter sauce.
Vegetables: Since Chicken Francaise is a fairly rich dish, it's a good idea to balance it out with some vegetables. You could serve it with steamed asparagus, green beans, or roasted Brussels sprouts.
Salad: A fresh green salad would also make a great side dish. You could make a simple mixed greens salad with a light vinaigrette, or add some sliced avocado and grapefruit segments for a more complex flavor profile.
Bread: Finally, you could serve Chicken Francaise with some crusty French bread to soak up the delicious lemon butter sauce.
In conclusion, Chicken Francaise is a classic French dish that is both delicious and easy to make. The lightly battered and sautéed chicken cutlets are complemented perfectly by the tangy lemon butter sauce, and there are plenty of sides that can be served alongside it to make a complete meal. Whether you choose to serve it with rice, pasta, vegetables, salad, or bread, your guests are sure to be impressed by this classic and flavorful dish. So why not give it a try and see for yourself just how tasty Chicken Francaise can be?